Monday, March 26, 2012

The Left (and Right) Staircase

Now that I've got my bricks with the magnets made, it's time to build the staircases. everything in this post, I also did for the right staircase, I just mirrored it.

The first layer here shows the basic shape. The first picture, I marked the spots with an "X" and I will not glue the second layer there. This is for attachment pieces, more on that later.

This second picture is the bottom of it. The arrows show the location and direction of the magnets.

   Next is the second level. Again the "X" and dots are  where I won't glue.

Next, I added the third level, not gluing in the marked areas. Then the decorative pieces, floor tiles,  and railing.



The reason I didn't glue these parts is because in the multiple configurations I intend to use with this, the railings were all different, so instead of building multiple stairs this allows for the the same piece used for different setups. Here's a picture of the 3 different railing parts.
From them picture above I inserted the the back piece and added the wall piece for the other side and you get the next set of pictures.


With that pieces assembled, The top staircase piece can now sit on top of it.



Again, I also built the right staircase the same way just a mirrored version of the left, also with attachments. Below are the parts assembled with a different couple of configurations.

NOTE: Since both of the staircases have magnets in them, I had to make sure they didn't repel each other.

 First hers's a cofiguration without the stairs.



And here's another option with the top stairs added.







Next, the final piece to build.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work dude. I am working on taking on a massive project myself using hirst arts molds and like the work you are doing here. Are you casting with merlins magic or something else? Check out my blog at TerrainProject.Blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete